The Nordic national regulatory authorities (“Nordic NRAs”) are launching a consultation on the methodologies for a common Nordic mFRR capacity market. The methodologies have been developed by all four Nordic TSOs in accordance with Article 33, 34 and 38 of Commission Regulation (EU) 2017/2195 of 23 November 2017 establishing a guideline on electricity balancing (“EB Regulation”).
The consulted documents are:
- Methodology on the common and harmonised rules and processes for the exchange and procurement of mFRR balancing capacity (art. 33)
- Exemption to the obligation to allow transfer of mFRR balancing capacity (art. 34(1))
- Amendment to the methodology of the application of the Nordic CCR market-based allocation process (art. 38(1))
- Explanatory document to proposals
Apart from the consulted documents, the following document is also enclosed for information, as it is necessary for the mFRR capacity market.
- Methodology for the market-based allocation process of cross-zonal capacity for the exchange of balancing capacity (still pending NRA decision)
The Nordic NRAs will assess and evaluate the proposals for approval within a period of 6 months or request changes to the proposal before the proposal can be approved.
The Nordic NRAs welcome written input on the methodologies at the latest 28th November 2022.
Please mark your answers to the consultation with the following reference: Nordic mFRR capacity market.
Contact persons in NordREG
Stian Henriksen, NVE-RME
Olli Taipale, EV
Tobias Lusth, Ei
Søren Lorenz Søndergaard, DUR